Hosting a Themed Funeral
Holding a funeral is something that is meant to be very special to the family of the deceased. It is a time to reflect, mourn, and lift the name of the person who has passed away. And even though it is an incredibly sad time, there is still a way that family members and friends can have a little bit of fun during the funeral. One way of doing that is to have a theme for the funeral. Theme funerals aren’t at all new, but they are very exciting and can do a lot to lift the overall mood of the day of the funeral. If your family member was someone who was into sports, music, theatre, or anything else, there are plenty of ways to work those into the funeral itself. This is something that not only the deceased would have loved, but you will love being able to do this for them. If you would like to know more about theme funerals, then you can contact cremation services in Phoenix, AZ.
What Is a Themed Funeral?
A theme funeral is a funeral where the family of the deceased decides on a certain theme to base the event around. What’s great about this is that you can choose whatever you would like to. Making sure you are doing something that would make your loved one proud is the most important thing.
What Are Some of the Benefits of a Themed Funeral?
- Something Different – Everyone is accustomed to the traditional funeral. And while this won’t stray too far from it, there is enough change that it will feel entirely different from what you are used to. This is a good thing. The memories you make will last a lifetime.
- Memories – As stated above, this is an event that will create so many memories for you and your family. The theme, the people participating, and just the overall feeling of the day won’t leave you for a while. You will look back on this day not with sadness, but with fond memories, and thoughts of how much you loved your relative.
- Closure – This is a good way to find closure. Doing a gesture that shows not only how much you cared for your loved one, but how important their likes and loves were to you, is a great way to show that your love for them was true.
What Are Some Possible Types of Themed Funerals?
- Charity – One theme that can be used at a themed funeral is to base it around a charity. This means that you can tell the people who are planning to attend the event that they can donate to a charity. If you don’t want to have them bring gifts or flowers, then this would be a great decision.
- Memory Capsule – There is a good chance that the people who know your loved one probably have good memories of them. If you would like to create a memory capsule, you can then ask them to bring pictures and mementos to put in the capsule.
- Photos – Another theme that can be used is to have photos present. This would be an easy way to have a lot of people pitch in on the funeral. You could feel the entire room with photos.
Having a themed funeral is a great way to have a good time during the funeral. It won’t completely take away the pain, but it will help. If you need any more help with figuring out your theme funeral, you can contact cremation services in Phoenix, AZ.