Whitney & Murphy has been serving the community since 1903 and we stand ready to help you now. The health and safety of our guests and employees is our top priority. At this time, Whitney & Murphy Funeral Home will remain open and our experienced, caring staff stands ready to assist your family during this critical time.
If a death has occurred, or will soon, we have options for you to make the arrangements with us. We can meet in person at the funeral home or all arrangements can be made online through email and telephone without coming to our facility. Every arrangement will be accommodated to ensure your expressed wishes are followed and carried out.
Our heart goes out to all those affected by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
We want to assure you that we are taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The World Health Organization, along with the Arizona Department of Health Services,
regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and our local health departments.
Based on federal guidance for mass gatherings, The Maricopa County Department of Public Health is recommending gatherings of no more than 10 people at a time for the next 8 weeks.
Whitney & Murphy will assist your family in coordinating the best way to honor your loved one and still be mindful of the health and safety of all concerned. We are still able to have visitations but are doing them in small groups. Many of our families are arranging for private graveside or cremation services now and are waiting to coordinate a public celebration of life after this crisis has passed. Others are asking to have the services completed now and want to include more people. We are able to accommodate that by live streaming the services as they happen.
- We have heightened daily disinfection practices; implemented more protocols to clean our chapels, lounges, offices and restrooms before and after each service with particular attention paid to high touch items.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our staff are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act.
- Employees who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms have been instructed to stay home from work
- In an effort to minimize direct contact, we ask that you consider avoiding shaking hands or physical contact with staff, members of the family or other guests.
Direct Eye Contact, Loving Words, and a Warm Smile can be as meaningful as a traditional handshake or hug, especially during these difficult times.
- We request that guests who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath or have a compromised immune system, please refrain from visiting the funeral home at this time.
- For those who refrain from coming to any services, you are welcome to leave a condolence and or sign an online guest registry for the family on our website -www.whitneymurphyfuneralhome.com
If you have any questions about the funeral home operations,
please feel free to call us anytime at 602-840-5600
or by email at email@example.com
Shawn Murphy Al Asta