Isabelle O’Neill Lisa (“Izzy”), of Mesa, Arizona, passed away on Saturday, March 21, 2015, at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona.
○ Izzy was born on March 12, 1934, in Philadelphia, PA, to Thomas O’Neill and
Margaret Hayes O’Neill. She attended Camden Catholic High School (Class of
1952). In 1950, she met her classmate and future husband, Donald J. Lisa, at
a soda shop in Camden, NJ.
○ Izzy and Don were married on June 15, 1957, in Annapolis, MD, one week
after Don’s graduation from the United States Naval Academy. They enjoyed
nearly 58 years of loving devotion to each other, and had two children, Richard
(born 3/27/58) and Steven (born 9/12/59). Izzy was dedicated to her husband,
children and Catholic faith, and her greatest joy was creating a happy and
wholesome family environment.
○ Izzy and Don were based in many “ports” during the years Don served as a
Naval Aviator. Izzy raised the boys during Don’s times away on cruise. After
their Navy life, Izzy continued her devoted homemaking role while Don attended
law school and then began his career as a patent attorney. Don and Izzy
settled in Short Hills, NJ, then Glenview, IL, before moving to Phoenix, Arizona
○ After her boys were raised, Izzy furthered her education and skills as a talented
artist and photographer. She attended community colleges and Arizona State
University, where she excelled as a student of the arts. Izzy also served as the
Office Administrator for Don’s law firm and as an Officer of Don’s mergers and
acquisitions business. She has been recognized Who’s Who in America and
Who’s Who in American Women , and also by Scottsdale Magazine as one of
the most successful women in Phoenix.
○ Izzy was active in charitable endeavors and served as a Catholic catechist.
She lived her life dedicated to others. She had a great sense of humour and
loved her dogs, Mario and Mia.
○ Izzy is survived by her husband, Donald (Phoenix, Arizona), children Richard
(and his wife Vicki, Algonquin, IL) and Steven (and his wife Laurie, Paradise
Valley, AZ), and five grandchildren Anthony (and his wife Bridget, Scottsdale,
AZ), Kristen (Austin, TX), Michelle (and her husband Dan, Portland, OR),
Brittany (Des Moines, IA), and Caitlin (Chicago, IL), and her brother Vince
(Tampa, FL) and sister Rita (Gastonia, NC).
○ She is predeceased by her parents Thomas and Margaret, and her siblings
George, Paul, Rick, Jane and Veronica.
○ Visitation is Wednesday, March 25, 2015: from 8:30 to 9:45 AM, at the Whitney
& Murphy Funeral Home, 4800 East Indian School Rd., Phoenix, AZ, 85018,
phone number 602-840-5600. The Funeral Mass will follow immediately
thereafter at 10:30 AM, at St Theresa Catholic Church, 5045 E. Thomas Rd,
Phoenix, AZ, 85018. The burial will be the following day, March 26, 2015, at
10:30 AM at the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona, 23029 North Cave
Creek Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85024.