Planning for a funeral entails preparing funds and or making selection choices in preparation for your funeral. Planning is done to assist your family or friends with your funeral process. There are different methods for keeping funds. Funeral homes in Phoenix, AZ have a system where you can deposit beforehand.
Advantages of Planning Ahead
● Confidence: there is an assurance that comes with proper planning. You (and your family) can rest easy knowing there are plans for you.
● Making Choices: Families strive to celebrate funerals in a manner that will please the deceased. It becomes easier for your family to decide what you want for yourself.
● Financial Aid: You will save your family (and friends) from many expenses. They do not have to reach into their savings or debt to cover the costs of your funeral.
Disadvantages of Planning Ahead
● The first disadvantage of pre-planning is inflation. The price will increase over time, so your initial deposit will not be enough. A bank’s interest rate on your deposit may not keep up with the inflation rate, so you must increase the amount at intervals.
● Regulations: Whoever you choose to deposit this money to will have some regulations concerning their service. Your family will receive reduced or no payment if these conditions are not met.
● Scams: Your family won’t uncover the scam until it’s late. Scams cause more emotional pain for a grieving family. Your safest bet is to deposit your money with a bank, an insurance company, or a funeral home and follow their regulations.
Pre-paying vs. Pre-planning
The first decision you must make in the chain of decisions is where to deposit your money. Pre-paying means paying to the funeral home directly. On the other hand, pre-planning means keeping some money in insurance or a pay-on-death account.
Funeral homes generally have a stricter set of rules. Following this regulation may be tough, so some opt for insurance or a pay-on-death account. The plus side to using a funeral home is purchasing services at the current market price, so you don’t have to worry about inflation.
Best Options for You
● It is better to work with a funeral home when making plans. You can make your choices ahead of time.
● Do not use any method if you can not meet the requirements. Following regulations is the best way to avoid losing money.
● You do not have to cover the entire cost. You can deposit what you have and top it up over time.
● Inform a close relative about your plans. A relative would be in charge once you’re dead, so they should be aware of the proceedings.
● Whatever choice you make, you have to be sure it is trusted. Do your research!
● Insurance policies will pay out a sizable amount post-mortem. You can choose insurance if you’re not particular about the details of your wedding.
Planning is beneficial to you and your family. Reach out to a funeral home to get more details on the subject. Funeral homes in Phoenix, AZ will guide you through.